Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies





I have to admit I haven't been baking as much as I usually do for a couple of reasons. One I've been cooking new things for dinner and that kind of fulfills my need to try new things. I didn't, however, remember to take any pictures. But in short, buffalo chicken sandwiches, korean beef and rice noodles, and homemade fettucine alfredo, all courtesy of Cooking Light were awesome and will definitely be made again. So there will be further opportunities to blog about them.



I also haven't been baking as much because now that I'm not depriving myself, my hunger signals and cravings are coming back. And since it's been such a struggle to lose weight, I didn't want tempt myself. So I'm making these, eating one. and sending the rest to work or the inlaws.




I saw these cookies a while back on the cooking blog, Picky Palate. And I don't know an instance when you combine chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallows and don't get a tasty experience. And upon completion, they are deliscious. When the marshmallows melt to the cookie sheet, they are golden and toffee like. I still argue though that cookies are best in the dough form.

The recipe is as follows:


2 sticks softened butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

4 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix

10 oz bag peanut butter chips

1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheets with non stick spray or parchment paper

2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter, pudding mix and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

3. Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with peanut butter chips and marshmallows. Mix until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, place onto baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring.




On a side note, during one of my trips to Starbucks this week for my usual(larged ice coffee, skim milk, sugar free hazelnut) I saw that they are not offering some sweet treets in miniature sizes. One such treat is the ever popular 2010 trend of a cake balls/pops. Starbucks however is charging what I consider a fortune at $1.50 a pop! In case you're not aware, I can make about 60 cake pops for the price of cake, frosting and melting chips. That costs me about $4.50 total. So alas, I will never try Starbucks cake pops and perhaps I should start selling my own. I could make a small fortune!

No comments:

Post a Comment