Monday, April 4, 2011

Almond Butter Cookies

You had to know that since I made granola bars with almond butter, I was going to have another recipe using up the rest of the almond butter. Essentially, these are like peanut butter kiss cookies only with almond butter and dipped in chocolate instead of placing a Hershey's kiss on top. And while I think almond butter is definitely more subtle than regular ole peanut butter, it certainly has a stronger presence in these cookies. And since I bought the almond butter at a health food store, it's organic without added sugar like the Skippy I keep around the house. And while typically I find peanut butter to be be very strong taste, I actually missed it in these cookies. These are definitely tasty and would appeal to those who don't love super sweet desserts. I however love sugar and missed the sweetness of Skippy(which by the way is the best peanut butter out there!) However, if you're looking for an alternative to peanut butter, this is a great way to do so. And with only 7 ingredients and no need for a mixer, it is a quick and easy way to cure a sugar craving! Ingredients 1 cup almond butter 1 cup sugar 1 egg 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 cup semisweet choc chips 1 tbsp oil Combine first five ingredients and blend well. If too gooey, refridgerate for 10 minutes. Drop by rounded tablespoon on greased cookie sheet. Cook for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool Melt oil and chocolate chips in microwave. Dip cooled cookies in chocolate and lay on wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment